Please contact us if you cannot find an answer to your question.
We can do both stain or natural flooring finishes. Let us know what your preference is and we will get the job done.
We can do both water base or oil base finishes. It is the customer's preference, but we are happy to provide our recommendation as well.
Preparation for installation or re-finishing work should begin 2-3 days before work is scheduled to commence. We kindly ask that you observe the following guidelines:
Preparation for re-finishing work:
In order for our flooring team to deliver the best service to you, please:
• Remove all furniture, area rugs, plants, wall hangings, curtains/drapes
• Remove all debris
• Remove all items from closets Seal all kitchen cabinets with plastic and blue painters tape
Note: We will seal off doorways whenever possible
• Removal of dishwasher is at the owner's discretion
• Removal of stove and refrigerator is required
• Please remove ALL computer hardware and software, stereo equipment, speakers and electroniC equipment from the work area
• Please remove ALL compact discs (CDs), records (LPs), videotapes and video discs (DVDs) from the work area
Each flooring job we do is unique. However, the following schedule is one you can typically expect for a wood floor re-finishing. Refinishing schedule may change due to the size of the job.
• For oil-based polyurethane, drying time between coats is approximately 5 - 6 hours
• For water-based /acrylic, drying time between coats is approximately 2 hours
• Families with small children or pregnant women should make alternative accommodations, especially when stain or polyurethane work is scheduled
• Power required for refinishing equipment is 220 volts on a 30-amp circuit. Please ensure we have access to one of the following: a clothes dryer or stove outlet, or directly from the circuit breaker panel
• Homes with white baseboard trim can expect to do some touch up painting work as the edger rises along the baseboard trim
We understand that you are anxious to resume your normal schedule and resume use of your wood floor. However, considering the investment you have made in your wood flooring, and to ensure the best performance from your new floor, we suggest the following post-installation schedule:
Clean up is best accomplished by vacuuming, not wiping floors
Dry Swiffer works well to clean dust off walls We recommend that, for families with dogs:
• The dogs stay off floors for 7 days to ensure that floors will properly cure
• Have the dog's nails trimmed
• All furniture should be picked up and placed into position. Do not slide furniture into position, even with rugs or towels underneath.
Copyright © 2022 Bischof Flooring, LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Created By Worth Digital Media, LLC.